mercoledì 5 maggio 2010

woodland scene based on the demonstration - The Atmospheric Landscape - The Tao of Watercolour by Jeanne Carbonetti

As part of my watercolour and gouache course work my next project is to paint a spring woodland scene ....we have been  asked to look at the landscape paintings of COROT for inspiration

or to paint a painting expressing  a poem by SHAN-MAI which starts

The Green Spring
When Spring comes
I see the woods turning green...............


i've started making lots of  green colour swatches with watercolour and gouache and have made a few plein air woodland sketches this week ...it is a difficult challenge for me .

with the project in mind  i also decided to start  exploring a few demonstrations of a wonderful book called "The Tao of Watercolor" by  Jeanne Carbonetti , which  was recommended to me a few years ago.
i'm posting my first attempt based on Jeanne's  demonstration  of "The Atmospheric Landscape"





"woodland scene"



i'd like to thank Jeanne Carbonetti  for her kind permission to post my WIP  

here  is the link to Jeanne Carbonetti  
    






 As part of my watercolour and gouache course work my next project is to paint a spring woodland scene or to paint a painting expressing a poem by SHAN-MAI which starts

15 commenti:

Kaye Parmenter ha detto...

Jane, this is gorgeous, I love it!! Fabulous misty, ethereal painting, wonderful.

M. Antònia ha detto...

I like it very much. Congratullations! Some years ago I knew about Carbonetti and I bought one of her books. I've The Zen of Creative Paintingt She's great! Thanks for the web.

irinapictures ha detto...

Air and light are perfect. The miracle of watercolor in right hands :-)

Susan Liles ha detto...

Very dreamy and misty. Beautiful greens, I can see you are not afraid of the color green!

Sandra Busby ha detto...

What a mysterious and beautiful painting. The colours are exquisite! It's a lovely painting worthy of a frame!

Karen Martin Sampson ha detto...

I LOVE this!

JANE MINTER ha detto...

kaye m.antonia irina susan sandra karen jeanne's approach is so beautiful and fascinating .. i really enjoyed painting this thankyou all for your lovely comments .

Debbie ha detto...

I love this too Jane...... so different for you! I love green and all these lovely colours are perfect and well thought out! Well done!

Melissa Fischer ha detto...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, Jane! Gorgeous color and such atmosphere!!!! This is inspiring to me.

JANE MINTER ha detto...

debbie and melissa thankyou both... the book is very inspiring.. after the initial wash dries ... the paper is sprayed and colour added ..i enjoyed just watching this appear and the process ... it's new to me so still looking at this ..have started a few more.

jane

devotedmomof7 ha detto...

If that is an "attempt" I can't wait to see what is to come! That is really, really beautiful! It radiates. It is kind of half abstract/half realism. Very interesting and soothing to look at!

SKIZO ha detto...

Fabulous
I
like
Your
Work
good
creations

Stephie Butler ha detto...

This is gorgeous Jane..Stunning colours and love how they've mixed....I've often looked at this book, I think you've just helped me spend some more money lol...

JANE MINTER ha detto...

cheryl thanks so much you might have to wait awhile :).. at this stage i find it very interesting and exciting .

skizo thankyou for your kind comment

stephie i hope you do ...thankyou

jane

Janice Kay Schaub ha detto...

I love that picture, the green is so fresh........I have that book, so now I must go dig it out and check it out again. I must try that.
Janice